Your New Jersey Obstetrical Malpractice Lawyers
Mothers put their full trust for their well being in the hands of their doctor. Obstetricians (OB/
When something goes wrong with the mother or the child, it can be a devastating and life-altering experience. When that harm is the direct result of negligence then you are dealing with an instance of Obstetrical Malpractice.
Is it Medical Malpractice?
Complications may be an obvious immediate impact or more subtle with damage evolving over time. Our wish is that no family should
The following conditions may exist in an Obstetrical Malpractice case:
- Poor management of pregnancy
- Errors in reading results of ultrasound screenings
- Failure to provide appropriate diagnostic or genetic tests where warranted
- Unnecessary Cesarean section or failure to perform Cesarean section
- Delay in recognizing and treating fetal distress
- Poor monitoring of the mother’s and/or baby’s condition during delivery
- Medication errors with adverse effects on the mother or baby
- Errors during a vaginal delivery
- Failure of doctor to be present at
- Obstetrician does not realize fetus is larger than average or one that is in a breech position and pulls too hard causing birth trauma and Erb’s Palsy
- Failure of the Obstetrician and other medical staff to carefully watch for signs of a fetus in trouble
Though we may question what went wrong, we often don’t question where the fault lies and could this error have been preventable? As patients, we seek the advice and professional guidance of those we expect to have greater knowledge and expertise in a particular field. Obstetricians are trained to deal with difficult deliveries. A doctor should recognize when a fetus is at risk and take immediate action. When something does go wrong, it is important to seek the advice of a trusted attorney.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
New Jersey’s largest wrongful birth verdict: failure to disclose an unborn infant's catastrophic genetic defect.
Discuss Your Case with Our Obstetrical Malpractice Attorneys Today
If you feel your doctor acted negligently resulting in harm to you or your child it is imperative that you seek counsel. We don’t expect you to come to us knowing all the answers—that’s our job. Many of our cases have yielded more than $5 million for our clients. This money is necessary to support a lifetime of medical care. We will fight on your behalf to provide you with excellent representation. Damages awarded to the victim of a medical malpractice case vary, but our attorneys will always strive to seek the maximum allowable. After a thorough review of your case, together, we will determine the most appropriate course of action. Contact us online or call at 1-908-251-9368 or 1-800-586-5817.