New Jersey Boat and Watercraft Accident Lawyers
New Jersey’s coastline extends over 130 miles and currently has over 170,000 registered boats. According to the U.S. Coast Guard, there are over 100 Boat and Watercraft Accidents every year in New Jersey. Because occupants of boats are usually not restrained, boating
According to the U.S. Coast Guard statistics for 2014:
- There were 4,064 reported boating accidents that killed 610 people and injured 2,678.
- Of the 610 fatalities, 255 involved boat operators who had no formal instructions on how to operate the boats.
- That year in New Jersey there were 111 reported accidents causing three deaths and 77 injuries. The state had one the lowest fatality rates for boaters in the country.
The Coast Guard reports that the most common, major contributing factors to 2014 boating accidents were:
- Operator inattention
- Improper lookout
- Operator inexperience
- Excessive speed
- Alcohol use
- Machinery failure (mostly engine failure)
- Navigation rules violation.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
Discuss Your Case with Our Boat and Watercraft Accident Attorneys Today
If you or a loved one have been injured in a boating accident due to the negligence of another in New Jersey, call our attorneys at O’Connor, Parsons, Lane & Noble to analyze your case and assist you in preserving any evidence in determining why the accident occurred. Contact our New Jersey Boat and Watercraft Accident attorneys at the office of O’Connor, Parsons, Lane & Noble. You can simply Contact us online or call (908) 928-9200 or 1-800-586-5817 for a free no obligation consultation.