newark police accident report

Have you been involved in a serious car accident in the City of Newark? If so, it is important to get a copy of your accident report right away. An accident report is the written record of all the details of your accident. It is useful for insurance and legal proceedings in the aftermath of an accident.

How to Get Your Newark Accident Report

If the City of Newark Police Department responded to your crash, you can request a copy of your accident report in person, or through the mail, email or fax. Download and print the City of Newark New Jersey Government Records Request Form from the Police Department Website and file the form with the Office of the City Clerk at City Hall.

You will need to fill out the following information on the form:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Phone
  • Type of report: Accident Report
  • Date and location of the incident.
  • Specify if you will pick up your report in person, or have it mailed to you.

Request your report in person

File your completed Records Request form in person at Newark City Hall, 920 Broad St. #306, Newark, NJ 07102 get directions. M-F from 9:30-3 pm, closed on all federal holidays

Request your report by mail

Mail your completed Records Request form to the Office of the City Clerk, 920 Broad St. #306, Newark, NJ 07102.

Request your report by email

Email your completed Records Request form to

Request your report by fax

Fax your completed Records Request form to (973) 424-4116.

Fees for your report

  • The fee for your report is $1.50 for the first page and $0.75 for all additional pages. CASH ONLY, credit or debit cards are not accepted.
  • If your record costs more than $5 you may be required to provide a 50% deposit.

Important notes about obtaining your report

  • Accident reports are not available online at this time.
  • Please wait 3 business days after your accident for your report to become available.
  • Record requests will be processed within seven business days.
  • Only the victim can get a copy of the report, and you must provide a photo ID.
  • Contact or visit room 306 in City Hall or call (973) 424-4116 with questions and for more information.
  • Information for obtaining accident reports for a crash responded to by the New Jersey State police can be found here.

Have you been injured in a serious accident? We can help!

If you have suffered injuries from a car accident in Newark, don’t hesitate to take advantage of a free case review from the experienced O’Connor, Parsons, Lake & Noble personal injury lawyers. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation at (908) 282-3814 or

Rate this Post

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars
5 votes, average: 3.40 out of 5