Holidays are a wonderful time to gather with family and friends. These gatherings often include alcohol. Drunk driving accidents are especially common over the holidays and can ruin lives in an instant. At O’Connor, Parsons, Lane & Noble we want to help make our communities safer, so we offer free sober rides on many holidays. If we can prevent just one accident by providing a safe ride home we consider it money well spent!
How does it work?
If you have been drinking, don’t drive a vehicle, it’s that simple. Instead, call a taxi or ride-sharing service and our firm will reimburse you. Just book your ride, pay the driver and we will reimburse you via PayPal. This service is available on the following holidays in 2019,
2019 Qualifying Holidays
- St. Patrick’s Day - March 17, 2019
- Cinco de Mayo - May 5, 2019
- Memorial Day - May 27, 2019
- Independence Day - July 4, 2019
- Labor Day - September 2, 2019
- Halloween - October 31, 2019
- Thanksgiving Eve & Day - November 27 & 28 2019
- New Years Eve & Day - December 31, 2019, and January 1, 2020
To be reimbursed for a safe ride home, mail the receipt, a photocopy of your valid driver’s license, and your PayPal associated email address to:
O’Connor, Parsons, Lane & Noble
959 S.Springfield Ave, 2nd Floor
Springfield, NJ 07081
Important notes about the Free Holiday Sober Rides Program:
- The program is valid for one, one-way ride to a safe destination.
- Rides must be in the Springfield and surrounding areas of Summit, Maplewood, Union, and Westfield.
- Valid for rides taken between 5 pm on the day of the holiday and 10 am the next morning.
- Drivers must be of the legal drinking age, 21 and over, to qualify.
- Only one reimbursement per household will be granted.
- Reimbursements will be limited to $20, including a 10% tip. Any amount tipped over and above 10% will not be reimbursed.
- The first 250 requests will be reimbursed.
- All requests must be received within 7 days of the end date.